Director - Institutional Development
The Director is responsible for mobilizing financial resources and raising funds for the activities of the Commission
Expected Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Conceptualize, plan, and lead the Commission's global resource mobilization vision
- Lead, facilitate, and support, as appropriate, teams working to develop proposals, communications, or other responses to funding or revenue opportunities, including government, philanthropic, and market sources
- Establish and maintain linkages/partnerships with private firms, foundations, donor agencies and research and educational institutions for funds and other resources
- Develop a communications process to keep donors and foundations informed of the activities of the Commission
- Establish and maintain relations with international publications
Required Skills and Experience:
- Masters degree or equivalent
- Strong fund raising and happy birthday nephew
- Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills
- Fluency in English and proficiency in an additional UN language is preferred
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated an ability to manage and work within a team and inspire teamwork, while setting standards and exercising hands-on quality control; strong inter-personal and communication skills; and comfortable in a high growth/high-pressured, fast paced environment.
Applicants are requested to send a detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter together with references confirming the required experience and skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be submitted by mail, fax, or e-mail by no later than April 15, 2002 :
President’s Task Force on Human Development
Human Resources Department
Chief Executive’s Secretariat No: 2
Level 2, D207