Director - Micro Enterprise & Community Development
The Commission is looking for a highly motivated individual to develop and lead micro-enterprise and community development activities. The Director shall be in a leadership position with experience in working at the grassroots level in Pakistan and will be interacting at both senior and grassroots levels to ensure the success of the undertaken initiatives.
Expected Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop a vision and strategy for micro-enterprise and community development programs in Pakistan on a national scale
- Develop policy and recommendations, as well as, monitor and evaluate impacts of national programs
- Coordinate Commission initiatives at the grass roots level and work with the local governments and community leaders
- Hire and train staff to assist in planning and implementation
Required Skills and Experience:
- Applicants should be community development and micro-enterprise professionals with advanced degrees in sociology or related fields
- At least ten years of experience in preparing, implementing and monitoring initiatives focused at the grass roots in Pakistan
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills - fluency in English is essential - read more
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated an ability to manage and work within a team and inspire teamwork, while setting standards and exercising hands-on quality control; strong inter-personal and communication skills; and comfortable in a high growth/high-pressured, fast paced environment.
Applicants are requested to send a detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter together with references confirming the required experience and skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be submitted by mail, fax, or e-mail by no later than April 15, 2002 :
President’s Task Force on Human Development
Human Resources Department
Chief Executive’s Secretariat No: 2
Level 2, D207