Director - Health Programs
The Commission is looking for a highly motivated individual to develop and lead primary health related development activities. The Director shall be in a leadership position and will be interacting at both senior and grassroots levels to ensure the success of the undertaken initiatives.
Expected Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop a vision and strategy for improving primary health care in Pakistan on a national scale
- Provide leadership and direction in implementing a community based Primary Health Care Program and National Midwifery Program
- Develop policy and recommendations, as well as, monitor and evaluate impacts of national programs
- Coordinate Commission initiatives with the health activities of the Government of Pakistan and Non-Governmental Organizations
- Hire and train staff to assist in planning and implementation
Required Skills and Experience:
- Applicants should be health care professionals with advanced degrees in Public Health, Community Medicine or Epidemiology
- At least ten years of experience in preparing, implementing and monitoring initiatives focused on primary health care in rural settings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills - fluency in English is essential
- Prior experience in developing countries - read more
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated an ability to manage and work within a team and inspire teamwork, while setting standards and exercising hands-on quality control; strong inter-personal and communication skills; and comfortable in a high growth/high-pressured, fast paced environment.
Applicants are requested to send a detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter together with references confirming the required experience and skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be submitted by mail, fax, or e-mail by no later than April 15, 2002 :
President’s Task Force on Human Development
Human Resources Department
Chief Executive’s Secretariat No: 2
Level 2, D207